Friday, August 20, 2010

Elfreth's Alley, Philadelphia, PA

During a recent trip to Philadelphia, PA,
I was lucky enough to be with a local,
who happens to be one of my very best friends.


She thought Elfreth's Alley would be
right up my...well, alley!

She was right.
(She always is!)



"Elfreth's Alley — popularly known as "Our nation’s oldest residential street" –
dates back to the first days of the eighteenth century."



"Since 1702, Elfreth's Alley has been home to more than 3,000 people.
Today thirty-two houses, built between 1728 and 1836, line the alley."



"They form one of the last intact early American streetscapes in the nation.
Elfreth's Alley is a National Historic Landmark District,
one of the first districts that celebrates the lives of everyday Americans."



Definitely worth a visit!

5 comments:

Odie Langley said...

Great pictures Natalia and from one of my favorite states as well. They have done such a wonderful job of keeping it look just like new. I sure it was made so much better having a best friend introduce you to it. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Odie

Natalia Cardoza said...

Thanks, Odie, you as well!

Mad Men Girl said...

Hey!

I've entered a contest to win a role on the retro-fabulous TV show "Mad Men" - but I need your votes to win!

Please take two seconds and vote for me at my blog (or use the link below to go right to my photo)... and tell all your friends about it too!

http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/browse/detail/EZ3MBH

Thanks a bunch!

bibo shami said...

Hi!
WoOoOoOoW
Amazing blog
I hope to visit me
We should be friends

Fragrant Liar said...

What a cool place. I can see writing a book with this setting. Imagine all the possibilities. ;-)