Wednesday, October 15, 2008

If I only was a cat...


doodoo doo doo dodoo....(sung to the tune of If I Only Had A Brain)

If I were a cat...say a Siamese cat...I could recover from yesterday's hours long blog reading/commenting-palooza by snuggling into a cushy comfy laundry basket in the sun, while letting my sore back, fatigued eyes and cramped fingers recover. Wait...I wouldn't have fingers. I'd have little nubby things on my paws. And no thumbs. How would I hit the space bar???!!!



Nosleepus Siamesus Nermalus Specimen


Those were the thoughts going through my head when I dared to wake him trying to remove dry towels from the dryer. How rude of me...he is trying to sleep. For those not aware of my plight: Nermal doesn't let me sleep. Why? He feels like going out onto the lanai and seeing what's doing out there. And once he's out...well...there's not much going on so he'd like to come back in now. Right now. And this is our fun little overnight routine as previously chronicled. I'm exhausted. It's like having a newborn in the house.



Siamese Stretch...



Needless to say the irony of him being annoyed by me going about my daily duties, which might wake him from his catnaps, is not lost on me.


Our conversation went a little like this:


Me:"dum,de,dum...doin' laundry..."


Nermal: perks his head up and glares at me from laundry basket (glares aren't as glary when they're done with adorably crossed eyes)


Me:"oh, I'm sorry buddy...were you TRYING TO SLEEP?"


Nermal: glares at me with one eye


Me:"isn't it just soooo RUDE when you're trying to sleep but SOMEONE won't let you?"


Nermal: closes both eyes and ignores me until I leave

I'm ignoring you...


Thank you to everyone who stopped by

and commented yesterday!!!


SiTSah's rule. It's true. You can make a very unspecial little blog feel like the prettiest blog in the world.

Come back soon, will ya?

21 comments:

jewelstreet said...

lol. I love that post! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a cat like that. My cat's thing is too sleep on my lap so I cannot do any work at all. Right now he is sleeping on my work table.

Nicole said...

I am still laughing about your post. You are not the obly one with a crazy cat, I just add my crazy kids to the mix and there is no quiet moment in the house.

Wep said...

I LOVE the name Nermal :)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...I have the same convo with my dogs! I wish that animals could understand irony. :)

Ginny said...

I didn't get a chance to stop by yesterday. I love this post though, I always wanted a Siamese cat, love the pics! My kitty loves sleeping on my laundry, I just hate when she does it on the clean laundry that I haven't folded yet. She is so furry, I find huge clumps everywhere :)

Gaspegirl said...

hehehe... I liked that post! I will be back, and you are welcome back at my blog anytime too!

Make it a great day!

PAC said...

I love your post! I am new to SITS and saw the blogathon for only the morning but it was so much fun!!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Nermal! LOVE that name! SO funny! Hilarious post!

~melody~

Melodie said...

My kitty LOVES to sleep! Aren't cats supposed to be nocturnal? My cat sleeps almost all day, and then she sleeps all night, too. She loves to sleep next to or on top of a warm body, so if there is anyone in the house sleeping, she curls up with them. She sleeps with me everynight, and if anyone else in the house sleeps in later than I do, she gets up when I do and goes to lay down with them.

Aunt Julie said...

Ohhhhhhhhh...Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! What a sweetie!! We have 2 cats ourselves. One is smart, crafty and the queen of the castle. The other is younger, sillier, and Not. Very. Bright. But we love her!

Jennie said...

too funny, I thought you were talking about my kids for a second... they act like that sometimes... we may have samll blogs, but we are all important!!!

S Club Mama said...

I love Siamese cats...or Burmese cats, just the markings!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I had such fun during the blogathon...but boy! It was hectic.

Casey's trio said...

What a cute post...cracking up over the comparison of the cat and having a newborn in the house! Thanks for stopping by our blog and saying hello during the SITS extravaganza:)

Celine said...

That post totally made me smile today!
Thanks!

My First Kitchen said...

This is funny. I wouldn't mind being a cat; every cat I ever see just sits there in its own glory. Thanks so much for stopping by during the Blogathon! I hope to see you again!!

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm still recovering! THANK you so much for stopping by. Such a nice surprise.

Anna Lefler said...

OMG, I've got such a happy blogathon hangover! I can so relate... It sure was a blast, though!

Your comment on the 'stache contest was HILARIOUS! You rock! Thanks for adding me to your blog roll - I'm adding you right back!

Take care and have a smooth day...

:^) Anna

Audrey (the Hepburn House) said...

love this post! My kitty won't let us sleep either. At 4 in the morning she likes to get up on my bedside table and knock everything off, why? I don't know!

Lump said...

oh that face. TOO CUTE!

What A Card said...

Funny! Wasn't SITS day fun? I'm just making the rounds (yes, I'm slow, but isn't it fun to have the comment love spaced out? And if I'd come on SITS blog-a-thon day, I would have missed this funny post. So it all worked out, right??)

Anonymous said...

Hehe...I love cats! Yours is so cute!