Friday, December 12, 2008

Remember when I said that your blog is inspiring?

Well, it's so inspiring that when I saw a star with a capis looking finish on clearance at Marshall's for $5.00 because something was missing from it's center,  I felt like I could make something with it.  Something Christmasy.  It's all your fault...I mean...thanks to you! 




Star w/ a Capiz looking finish...


Little white dove, with some golden berries, that I had at home already...


4" pretty green ribbon I had bought at Tuesday Morning a couple of weeks ago...



I added a few red berries and some greenery borrowed off an ornament...



Then I hung it over a mirror...I'm unstoppable now.

Now for a couple holiday decorations I purchased at 
Target 3 years ago but still love bunches:


I added this hanging snowflake made of greenery to the center of a piece of ironwork 
on the wall of my entryway to give it a festive look.



My Front Door Wreath


The front door color is my current fave Martha Stewart's Shiraz. I was a little worried about how the wreath might look now that the front door isn't red anymore, but I think I like it better.


  Please stop by The Inspired Room 
and check out all the talented bloggers who have added their links.

Thanks so much for visiting today!  
Please don't forget to comment on my Giveaway Post!



12 comments:

Kristen said...

Amazing...you did agreat job and what a great find

The Style Sisters said...

Love your idea! Just came across your blog while blog surfing. Very nice.

SmilingSally said...

I like hanging the wreath or star over a mirror. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Mary Beth said...

Your creations and decorations are beautiful! Next thing you know, you will have a glue gun in a holster at your side. :)

Happy Holidays to you also!

Tiffany said...

Your star wreath is very pretty. What a bargain! Thanks for stopping by my little blog and leaving a comment. :)

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

I love what you did with the star! So cute. Great job.

Anonymous said...

I love what you done with that star. I never would have thought of decorating the star for Christmas and I have a great big one on my living room wall. Hmmm...now you got me thinking!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Your wreath is so pretty! I really like it! (The door isn't so bad either!)

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog!

I love to see what everyone is doing, and especially like Melissa's blog "The Inspired Room".

Visit anytime!

Merry Christmas!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Natalie, I LOVE your capiz star project! And the MS color on your door is beautiful...I may have to "borrow" that color! :) The wreath and hanger is very pretty, too! :) hugs, Rhonda

Rachael Black said...

I'm having a GIVEAWAY too. Come on over and win a beautiful frame!! Odetocreativity.blogspot.com!! Tell your friends!

Traci @ The Bakery said...

Oh now there you go INSPIRING me......

It is still hard for me to picture decorating for Christmas when it is HOT outside....tee heee. My daughter is getting married and moving to Hawaii for two years and that is her biggest stresser...."How do I do Christmas when it is HOT?" She thinks she will be decorating a palm tree....lol.

jill said...

Thanks for sharing all your favorite decorations. You did a wonderful job on that star! I always like when things are displayed from mirrors. Merry Christmas!