Thursday, December 04, 2008

Sanity savers...

Do you have any tried and true sanity savers in your home?  I've got one that has become indispensable at alleviating clutter in my daughter's bathroom, a hanging shoe rack:




Not having to dig through drawers, or having all this stuff out on the countertop keeps the bathroom neater, and helps her get ready faster in the morning.

It worked out so well for us that I put one on her bedroom door as well.  This keeps all her miscellaneous computer/game system attachments, extra pens & pencils, band necessities, etc., all in one area where she can quickly find them.



I've even added one to the back of my niece's door and she's already starting using it to organize her miscellaneous accessories, etc.



I've got pretty decorative boxes that I'm using in the master bath.  I'm thinking of using a shoe organizer in there as well because it'll work better.

What sanity savers are you using in your own home?

I need all the organizing ideas I can get!



If you haven't signed up for my giveaway yet, please do.  

9 comments:

Lisa (aka) French said...

What a great idea;) French

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Those are great! I was just thinking of getting a similar one myself but shorter, to attach to a wall. Hmm, no organizing tips for you, sorry, you're doing much better than I am! :D

Debbie said...

Those are great. I used one for my daughter for Barbies for years. I was going to say my sanity saver was my jug of wine in the fridge, but maybe you were going for something else.

Gini said...

Good idea! That would be perfect for my 14 year old. She has about 10 bottles of mouse and gel, and 20 brushes and a hair straightener and just STUFF everywhere!

Kristen said...

Love this idea for the bathroom. I'm going to do it!!!

Thanks

Anonymous said...

That IS a great idea! I don't think I have any sanity savers--I usually go pretty nuts at my house! :)

anita said...

hi natalie...
off subject, but i love your profile photo...its really gorgeous!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I should try this in my kids' rooms! What a great idea!

Saucy said...

What a good idea! Lurrve the shoe rack idea. I'm going to find one for Loopy, for sure.