Saturday, December 13, 2008

Wanna take a gander at our tree?





Well then, here ya go:



Our Tree - 2008

No tree topper this year because unfortunately it's not actually our tree anymore...



It's their tree fort.  

Can you tell what they're thinking?  I know them and can tell that they're asking me exactly just what do I think I am doing, and could I please back away from their tree fort...like now.

I keep having to pull the tree skirt out from under the pool table, and lay it back under the tree.  I don't dare tie it up because then the whole tree is coming down.  To be on the safe side the tree topper is in Li's room on her little tree this year, where it's safe, hopefully.  In it's place I tied a big ol' bow on top instead.  It's like the tree is a present...for the cat & dog.



Some of our ornaments:



I painted it myself...

I call this one John Mayer...


Snew made this years and years ago...

Santa's chillin' in FL...

Look familiar?

You know I just had to...

So glowyyy...



Can't get enough of checking out other families' Christmas trees?  Me neither.  Head on over to We are That Family's Tree Linky Party thingy majiggy as well as Thrifty Decor Chick's for even more!!!  


Now I'd like to see your tree, tree fort, giant cat cheek scratcher, etc.  Pretty please?  With a big (huge) bow on top?





15 comments:

yusufyusuf said...

Nice blog...

Congrats...

THE DEVIL INSIDE ©

jewelstreet said...

Oh, that's pretty! My cat has been using my tree to climb. I can't put anything on it. That, and I'm holding out hope for a real tree with roots and everything. I love real trees.

Ps. Did you get "it"? I say this very spylike. lol.

Kristen said...

Very pretty tree! And I love the 'tree fort'. Our 2 cats think so too!

Justabeachkat said...

Very cute...your tree, the post and your fur babies!

Hugs!
Kat

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Incredibly pretty!!!
You have a tree already? Is this tradition in the US? Is it because of all the alligators? :D

In Sweden we typically decorate the tree a day or so before Christmas (we celebrate on the 24th), or the evening before Christmas eve.

Liza on Maui said...

I think your cat should meet our cats

http://www.amauiblog.com/2008/12/cat-under-christmas-tree-wordless.html

Thanks for the visit and for sharing your lovely Christmas Trees and ornaments

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Beautiful! I love the bow on top!

My cat used to climb our tree, back when we used to get real ones, and he'd come out all covered in sap. Guess we just got lucky that he's too old to be that adventurous these days (he mostly sleeps under the tree now) seeing as we have such a nice fake one now. We don't tie up the tree skirt, either. Its the kids that have an issue with that one! ;-)

Amanda said...

ahahahahahaha I love it that the cats took over. My dog LOVES hiding under our tree too! Thanks for visiting me!

Muthering Heights said...

LOL, it's so funny that they mad it their "tree fort!"

Fifi Flowers said...

Love the tree fort... VERY cute! ENJOY!
Fifi

cotedetexas said...

What a cute story and what a beautiful tree!

thanks for your comment today, too!!
Joni

Elle Jay Bee said...

Beautiful tree and adorable cats!

Linda

Tara Bennett said...

Oh so pretty! I like the big bow on top and the star ornament. =)

Ms. ~K said...

Your blog and home is lovely...
Love the critters' tree.
Guess we know who "rules your house"-chuckle...same here,
HO HO HO

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Love your animals under the tree. Freakin cute!! Everyone swears our cats are the culprits of our tree falling, but they just like to lay under it like yours...not touch it. :) Merry Christmas!!